Bikes are a great alternative to motorized commuting. They’re economical, environmentally friendly, and best of all, fun! Proper gear and a little preparation will help make your two-wheeled commute the best part of your day.
Accessories to smooth your trip
- Racks make commuting and hauling a practical reality, so it’s easier to go by bike.
- Fenders are the secret to a clean, dry ride in less-than-perfect conditions.
- Luggage offers extra storage capacity to transform your bike into a true utility vehicle.
- Lights extend riding hours by making you more visible and safe.
- Tires that are flat-resistant and weather-worthy keep you going.
Keep these handy items stashed in your seat bag
- Money, I.D., keys, cell phone: Just in case.
- Tire levers: 2-3 will allow you to fix any flat.
- Multi-tool: Look for a versatile and light tool.
- Pump or CO2: Either inflation method will work, just make sure it’s in working order.
- Spare tube: Make sure it is new and fits your tire size.